I have really fantastic news to report!
But first the background story..
In February this year, I signed up to take part in a Global Communications Project 2012 that consisted of teams from all countries around that globe, brought together to develop a global PR campaign for a particular client. This year, our client was AGEDI and their worldwide summit - Eye on the Earth.
So for the past 10 weeks, myself along with 3 other Australian team members and the the rest of our team from such countries as Germany, New Zealand, Abu Dhabi and India, worked tirelessly to produce a 97-slide presentation that aimed at raising local, national and international awareness of the Summit, it's objectives and initiatives.
Two weeks ago we found that this presentation and thus, our Global PR Plan came second place in the competition - by only .0.36 of a mark!
It was such a thrilling result and though we didn't take first place, our score and praise was testament enough to the hard work that we had all put in.
Working together as a virtual global team was an interesting and incredibly insightful experience for me that taught me so much about the world of international public relations and what I might expect should I have to take part in another international PR campaign during my career. It was certainly not an easy experience and like anything, it had its obvious positives and negatives (For example; Getting up at 2am in the morning for conference calls - not the funnest experience!), but at the end of the day I am so happy that I put myself up to the challenge, because the result and reward has far outweighed any of the drawbacks.
Well done to team 4 of Glob Com 2012! We deserve it!
No comments:
Post a Comment